Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Follow Up February

This isn't a usual post (hell, none of them are usual). This is just a temporary one to motivate me to actaully follow through on this. February is a lot of things. Black History Month, Cold....that's all I can really think of. I guess it's about 2 things. Anyone out there who is thinking Valentine's Day obviously doesn't subscribe to my yearly mantra of "Empty Hearts, Full Wallets".

For me, as far as j.Bowman Can't Sleep is concerned I'm declaring this to be "Follow-Up February". I tend to get distracted easily and go off on tangents, often times forgetting where I started. Although I believe it doesn't matter where you start, but where you end up (think I read that on a fortune cookie), I would like to not leave things unfinished. I wouldn't do that to an ice cream sandwich, so why would I do that to the blog?

There are quite a few things in the last 60 or so posts that I started but did not complete. Don't think I've forgotten about them. I got bogged down writing about Christmas movies for roughly 54 posts (god, I'm glad that is over). So during February I'm going back and tying up loose ends. This means follow ups on:

Why I'm Single: Exibit A-F
The Peninsula of Misfit Toys: The 1980's
The Nestle fiasco of injustitude (I should've totally called it that)
CSNstores.com presents: j.Bowman Sells Out

That on top of some other part 2's I've wanted to do for the last few months. I've been busy with a new job and to anyone who has seen the web series "A Lost Collection" on youtube, I'll hopefully be working heavily on that too.

So yeah, February is all about follow up. And I guess in a way it's about sequels. Essentially I'm just spinning my wheels because I'm completely out of original material so I will be rehashing things I've done previous. It's like when a sitcom does a clip show.

Just kidding about that. As long as my brain functions the way it does, as long as I keep overreacting to minor slights and as long as sleep keeps deciding that it doesn't want to hang out with me, I will never be out of material. Never. So I hope you look forward to my 27 Part Series on "Why Jurassic Park is the Shit".

This just doesn't feel like a j.B.C.S. post without some pictures of things I find awesome or silly or random or Sam Elliott. So here is a picture of the old balcony guys on The Muppet Show dressed as pimps, then one of Sam Elliott.


Ahhhh, that's more like it! It's gonna be a good month. Love is a four letter word.

Thanks for Reading

- jB

No comments:

Post a Comment