Monday, August 8, 2011

Irrational Fear of the Month: August

One new thing I learned to fear this month for no apparent reason is something I never directly thought about until recently faced with it. For the longest time I just carried on with my life not noticing how secretly terrifying it is. I believe it to be a harbinger of doom and ask all Monpeeps who read this, if the moment presents itself, to put an end to this blight of goodness and all things considered awesome. Of course I'm talking about the passing of time.

Reminiscing is not just an impossible word to spell, it's also can be a horrible horrible reminder of how much time you have been on this Earth and how little you have accomplished Sure, there are good times, but the more good times you've had...the more TIMES you've had and that can get pretty scary. 



Case in point, I recently took to my photo archives for some ill advised reminisc-....remanis-...reflection, and I discovered an evolution that didn't really occur to me until I had seen it all in photo form. I often get kind of freaked out when standard events happen, like the fact that one of my best friends just turned 30, several of them are getting married and it's almost been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. Seriously, what the fuck, time?! Why don't you relax a little bit?

It's gotten to the point that younger siblings of close friends are getting married...and it's weird...and scary...and kinda romantic but mostly the first two.

I don't want to make you use a bunch of your time "reading" things, so I'm just gonna do pictures for the rest of the post. Cool? Cool.

I realized that August 2011 marks the 1 Year Anniversary of the first "Irrational Fear of the Month". Hard to believe that twelve months ago I decided we knew each other well enough for me to open up and share with you some of the stupidest legitimate fears that I have. Much like it's hard to believe that the following "Era's of Bowmania" have come and gone and will never be coming back.

I hope you enjoy this nostalgic look at one of the most pointless existences in modern history...because I take no joy in it. It terrifies me....irrationally.

j.Bowman: A History of Bullshit (in photos)

( The "Adorigin": Adorable Origin)

(The "1000 Yard Stare" Era)

Many era's that came after the one above were lost to the harsh mistress of time and non digital photographs.Then...a lot of drinking happened and I got progressively less cute as the years went on.

(The "Debilitating Hangover" era)


 (The "Shy" Era)


(The "Prison Break" era)


(The "Fire Chin" Era)


(The "Dork Knight" era)


(The "Pancake" era)


(The "Dark Kent" era)


(The "Hipster Hat & Orange Juice" era)


(The "Ghostface Thriller" era)


(The "Fuck Triceratops" era)


(The "Chien de le Mere" era)

(the "Bowmanada from Canada" era)


(The "j.Boa-man" era)


(The "El Pittsburgh Luchador" era)


(The "Big Gulp with Booze in It" Era)


(The "Run-BOW" Era)


(The "90's Bow-ld School Starter Jacket" era)


(The "I like dudes and everything, but I'm into chicks. Sorry Jared" era)


(The "Classy Eyebrow & Bunny Ears" Era)


(The "Coif-Zilla the Scalp Thrilla" era)


 (The "Flask & Cigar" era)

(The "Emotionally Distraught Crying Into My Beer" era)


(The "King of Safety" era)


(The "Overly Sensitive" Era)


(The "Sad Fatty" Era)


(The "Comedically Farting on Alicia's Head" Era)


(The "Got Away With Murder" Era)


(The "I Totally Should've Bought that Valour Adidas Tracksuit in Europe" Era)


(The "Drunk Bowman" Era)


(The "Way Too Into Hungry Hungry Hippos" Era)

(The "Bag of Cheeseburgers" Era)

(The "Bow-Man" Era)

(The "Diet Handsome" era)

That being the most recent one is a good place to stop. That was taken at a Wedding recently, which as amazing and fun as they can be, are also a harsh lesson that life is flying by, time is passing and you are going to be dead before you know it.

Wow, that actually took a pretty dark turn there. I don't want to go out on that note, so BOOM! PUPPY!

(I'm sure this li'l guy will be cute forever...right?!)

Thanks for Reading

- jB


follow @jbowmancouver on Twitter and waste what precious little time you have left reading about that guy on the bus he thinks looks like a young John Lithgow






No comments:

Post a Comment