Thursday, August 18, 2011

30 Songs of Summer 2011 (#10-1)

Mon-freakin-peeps, how are you? I may ask that question a lot, but that time? I really meant it. Feel free to write me a detailed letter regarding how you are. If it's notarized, even better.

(My blinding white legs brought to you by Irish genetics)

I've been detailing a list of 30 songs that are making Summer 2011 the "best...summer...ever!!" (I never went to Summer Camp as a kid, so I've always wanted to say that. Had to settle for typing it). Say what you will about musical taste ect, this list was made whilst sitting at the beach pouring through my 8700+ strong Itunes. There are some key summer jams omitted, just because they were meaningful to prior summers. So to all you fans of Len's "Steal My Sunshine" and L.F.O's "Summer Girls", sorry.

Sorry that you like terrible music.


So here be the final 10 "HAWT JAMZ" that will forever be synonomous with my 2011 Summer. Feel free to complain in the comments about how I "like terrible music" and how much of a travesty it is that your favorite Kings of Leon or Nickelback song wasn't included and I will explain via incredible Haiku poem why they were omitted. Cool? Cool.

PART 1 (#30-21)

PART 2 (#20-11)



30 Songs of Summer 2011 (PART 3)


10. Sublime with Rome - You Better Listen

(Best time of day to listen? 4:56 pm)

9. Josh Rouse - I Will Live on Islands

(Best time of day to listen? 9:33 am)

8. Camera Obscura - Honey In The Sun

(Best time of day to listen? 12:40 pm)

7. Sea Wolf - Wicked Blood

(Best time of day to listen? 2:49 pm)

6. The Strokes - Under Cover of Darkness

(Best time of day to listen? 8:47 pm)

5. The Asteroids Galaxy Tour - The Golden Age

(Best time of day to listen? 9:34 pm...while drinking a dutch beer)

4. Iron & Wine- Tree By The River

(Best time of day to listen? 7:18 pm)

3. Little Joy - The Next Time Around

(Best time of day to listen? 11:56 am)

2. Childish Gambino - Freaks and Geeks

(Best time of day to listen? 10:11 pm)

Summer Anthem 2011

1. Passion Pit - To Kingdom Come

(Best time of day to listen? 6:49 pm)

"That's that, mattress man". I dig music, and I like summer. If they banged it would be these last few posts. Hopefully the majority of you enjoyed at least 2 of the 30 songs. That was my goal when I set out to do this. To reach an alarmingly small group of the population who reads j.B.C.S.

Stay tuned for the next musical countdown "Best songs to listen to after getting dumped horribly". Spoiler alert: Non of the Summer 2011 songs will appear.
I leave you with the words of the WAY too talented Childish Gambino (Donald Glover) - 
 
"I have worked all Winter, I will not fail Summer"

Thanks for Reading


- jB


Twitter is yes. @jBowmancouver

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm ... 3 songs. Apparently Im far too mainstream?

    What the hell? Profile? I'm choosing "anonymous", but it's Alana. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you mean that you have only heard of 3 songs?

    ReplyDelete