Friday, June 1, 2012

The Sleepless Knight Rises

Monpeeps, how are you?

Been awhile, (according to my calculations, it's been roughly six months). In case you've forgotten, I don't really do great when it comes to calculating things. I don't know what it is. My aversion to numbers? The fact that I am never really sure what Month it is? Or could it be my staunch refusal to use anything but an abacus? I certainly have no idea what it could be.

(ABACUS!!!!!)

When last I left you, I had "sold out" and gone legitimate with a blogging gig for a major newspaper here in Vancouver (who are we kidding, that paper is KING!). It has long been a dream of mine to sell out the first chance I got, and I'm proud to admit I took it. However, bitches and money can only get you so far in this life (roughly 6 months or so) and I miss writing here. I miss it every day. Plus I'm still waiting for my endorsement deals to come through.

(I would sell almost as many of these as I would eat. Almost)

 You may have noticed a sharp decline in my creative output here on j.Bowman Can't Sleep. And of course by "sharp decline" I mean "straight up vanishing act". For this, I am sorry. But it's not like I've been slacking off. From December-April I wrote 138 posts for that paper, and as much as I missed writing here (for those of Monpeeps who could give a shit about the Vancouver Canucks), it seems like every time I would write it would be about that hockey team I love who once again proved to be above such trivial things as "championships" and "making people happy".

(41st verse, same as the first)

 Oh, I slept a lot better too, which had a pretty profound effect on my prolificness (and my ability to make up words). However, "the game has changed" recently and I find myself staring at the ceiling for extended periods of time at all hours of the night once again. I don't know how much I'll write, if I will continue monthly features like the IIHOF and the Irrational Fear of the Month, or if I'll change the design to make it more watered down and easier to read (spoiler alert: I won't). Just figure for now I'd drop by and let you know, in case you were wondering, that's where I've been: Asleep.

(Like this, only with my eyes closed....and only one beer)

So, there really isn't a big point to this post, or a glorious epiphany that brought me back. I just felt like writing something, and there is no better time than now and no better reason than the one which made me start the blog in the first place.

j.Bowman Can't Sleep.

Good to be back.

Thanks for Reading

- jB

No comments:

Post a Comment